These flapjack-style bars have added vegan protein powder to boost the protein content – making them perfect for after exercise.
200g rolled oats
150ml coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
50g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped (snip them into small pieces with a pair of kitchen scissors)
50g sunflower seeds
150g light brown sugar
80g rice protein powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas #4 and line an (18 cm/7″ square baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Put the coconut oil into a pan with the brown sugar and maple syrup and stir over a low heat until the coconut oil has melted and the sugar dissolved.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, add the remaining ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
4. Scrape the mixture out of the pan onto the middle of the lined baking tray and use the back of a wooden spoon to spread it evenly in the tin and press the mixture flat. Use a knife to score the flapjack into 12 bars (this will help prevent the bars from crumbling when you cut the flapjack after it’s cooked).
5. Bake in the preheated oven for around 25 minutes, until the top of the flapjack is golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tray. Once cool, cut into bars along the scored indentations.